Edition 2 of the Lightfoot Guide to the Via Podiensis follows in the footsteps of pilgrims who since the 10th Century have crossed France on their way to the shrine of Saint James in Spain. It is an up-to-date and complete guide to the 774 kilometre journey from Le Puy-en-Velay to the Pyrenees, which is the starting point of the Camino de Santiago or Camino Frances across northern Spain.
• Detailed descriptions of 34 stages and three major alternative routes
• Full-colour topographical and detailed city maps
• Elevation profiles and turn-by-turn walking instructions
• Up-to-date information on accommodation
• Historical and cultural overviews
• Practical information about preparing your trip and life on the trail
The GPS coordinates of each instructions are available for immediate download.
Written by Angelynn Meya, Edition 2 was first published in January, 2017
Full colour; 252 pages; 216 x 140 mm; 297gm